- "Lyme neuroborreliosis in children: a prospective study of clinical features, prognosis, and outcome"
B.H. Skogman, S. Croner, M. Nordwal, et al.
Pediatric. Infect. Dis. J. 27: 1089-1094, 2008.
- "Lyme borreliosis: a European perspective on diagnosis and clinical management"
G. Stanek, and F. Strle
Curr. Opin. Infect. Dis. 2009, June 29, ePub ahead of print.
- "Antibiotic treatment of animals infected with Borrelia burgdorferi"
G.P. Wormser, and I. Schwartz
Clin. Microbiol. Rev. 22: 387-395, 2009.
- "Lyme disease in pregnancy: case report and review of the literature" C.A. Walsh, E.W. Mayer, and L.V. Baxi
Obstet. Gynecol. Surv. 62: 41-50, 2007.
- "Lyme disease serology in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)" Qureshi, M., R.S. Bedlock, and M.E. Cudkowicz
Muscle and Nerve 40: 626-628, 2009.
- "ALSUntangled update 1: investigating a bug (Lyme disease) and a drug (Iplex) on behalf of people with ALS"
The ALSUntangled Group
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 10: 248-250, 2009.
- "Antibiotic treatment duration and long-term
outcomes of patients with early Lyme disease from
a Lyme disease- hyperendemic area"
Kowalski, TJ, Tata, S, Mathiason, MA and Agger, WA
Clin. Infect. Dis. 50: 512-520, 2010.
- "Efficacy of antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of Lyme disease: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis
S. Warshafsky, D.H. Lee, L.K. Francois, J. Nowakowski, R.B. Nadelman, and G.P. Wormser. J. Antimicrob. Chemother., 2010 April 9, Epub ahead of print.
- "Neurological manifestations of Lyme disease"
Current Infect Dis. Rep., ahead of print publication, April 12, 2011
- "A case revealing the natural history of untreated Lyme disease".
Nat. Rev. Rheumatol. 7: 179-184, 2011
Note: Although the data are not shown in the publication, the author confirms that the Western IgG blot was positive by the CDC criteria and showed the presence of 21, 28, 30, 39, 41, 45, 58, 66, and 93 kDA bands.
- "Long-term Lyme disease antibiotic therapy beliefs among New England residents"
Macauda, M.M., Erickson, P., Miller, J., et al.
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis., ahead of print publication, March, 2011
- "On-going and Completed NIH-Supported Clinical Trials on Lyme Disease"
- "Musculoskeletal Features of Lyme Disease: Understanding the Pathogenesis of Clinical Findings Helps Make Appropriate Therapeutic Choices"
Sigal, L.H. J. Clin. Rheumatol. 2011, July 22, Epub ahead of print
"Biodiversity of Borrelia burgdorferi strains in tissues of Lyme disease patients"
Brisson, D., Baxamusa, N., Schwartz, I., and Wormser, G.P.
PLoS One , Aug 4, 2011
Stanek, G., G.P. Wormser, J. Gray, and F. Strle
Lancet, published on line, September 7, 2011
"The amber theory of Lyme athritis: initial description and clinical implications".
Wormser, G.P., Nadelman, R.B., and Schwartz, I. Clin. Rheumatol. 2012, March 13 [Epub ahead of print].
"Critical analysis of treatment trials of Rhesus macaques infected with Borrelia burgdorferi reveals important flaws in experimental design".
Wormser, G.P., P.J. Baker, S. O'Connell, A.R. Pachner, I. Schwartz, and E. Shapiro, Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. , May, 2012 [ on-line, ahead of print version].
"Spirochete antigens persist near cartilage after murine Lyme borreliosis therapy"
Bockenstedt, L.K., Gonzalez, D.G., Haberman, A.M., and Belperron, A.A. J. Clin. Invest doi:10.1172/JCI58813 , July, 2012 [ on-line, ahead of print version].
"A novel human autoantigen, endothelial cell growth factor, is a target of T and B cell responses in patients with Lyme disease"
Drouin, E.E., R.J. Seward, K. Strle, G. McHugh, et al.
Arthritis Rheum., 2012, October 8, doi: 10.1002/art.37732, Epub ahead of print,
"Lyme disease-human granulocytic anaplasmosis co-infection-impact of case definition on co-infected rates and illness"
Horowitz, H.W., Aguero-Rosenfeld, M.E., Holmgren, G., McKenna, D. et al.
Clin. Infect. Dis., 2012, October 5, Epub ahead of print
"Differentiation of reinfection from relapse in recurrent Lyme disease"
Nadelman, R.B., Hanincova, K., Murkejee, P., Liveris, D. et al.
New Eng. J. Med. 367: 1883-1890, 2012
"Detection of Borrelia burgdorferi nucleic acids after antibiotic treatment does not confirm viability"
Iyer, R., Mukherjee, P., Wang, K., Simons, J. Wormser, G.P., and Schwartz, I. J. Clin. Microbiol,, published ahead of print,
December 26, 2012, doi: 10.1128/JCM.02785-12
"Reductions in human Lyme disease risk due to the effects of oral vaccination on tick-to-mouse and mouse- to-tick transmission"
Voordouw, MJ, Tupper, H, Onder, O, et al.
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 13: 203-214, 2013.
"Common Misconceptions about Lyme Disease"
Halperin, J.J., Baker, P., and Wormser, G. P.
American Journal of Medicine 126: 264-270, 2013.
"Nervous System Lyme Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment"
Current Treat. Options Neurol. 15: 454-464, 2013.
"Borrelia burgdorferi BbHtrA degrades host ECM proteins and stimulates release of inflammatory cytokines in vitro"
Russell, T.M., Delorey, M.J., and Johnson, B.J.
Mol. Microbiol. 2013, Aug28, doi:10.1111/mmi.12377 [Epub ahead of print]
"Non-viable Borrelia burgdorferi induce inflammatory mediators and apoptosis in human oligodendrocytes"
Parthasarathy, G., Fevrier, H.B. and Philipp, M.T.
Neuroscience Letters, 2013 October, 21[Epub ahead of print]