Learn More About Chronic Lyme Disease
- "Chronic Lyme disease: in defense of the scientific enterprise
P.J. Baker, FASEB Journal 24: 4175-4177, 2010
- "A dubious diagnosis" P. Callahan and T. Tsoudoros,
Chicago Tribune, December 7, 2010
- "Doctors and Others Indicted in Lyme Disease Case"
- "Ticks Aren't the Only Parasites Living Off Patients in Borreliosis- Prone Areas"
- "Chronic Lyme" and other medically unexplained syndromes.G. Weissmann FASEB Journal 21: 300-301, 2007.
- "Four patients falsely diagnosed with Lyme disease win verdicts totaling $30 million."
- "Misconceptions About Lyme Disease: Confusions Hiding Behind Ill-Chosen Terminology"
L.H. Sigal, Annals of Internal Med. 136: 413-419, 2002.
- "Practice Parameter: Treatment of Nervous System Lyme Disease (an Evidenced-Based Review)"
J.J. Halperin, E.D. Shapiro, E. Loggigian, et al.
Neurology 69: 91-102, 2007.
- "A Critical Appraisal of 'Chronic Lyme Disease'"
H.M. Feder, Jr., B.J.B. Johnson, S. O'Connell, E.D. Shapiro, A.C. Steere, G.P.
Wormser, and the Ad Hoc International Lyme Disease Group.
New England Journal of Medicine 357:1422-1430, 2007.
- "Dispelling the Chronic Lyme Disease Myth"
M.M. Kemperman, J.S. Baken, and G.R. Kravitz
Minnesota Medicine 7 (July): 37-41, 2008.
- "Perspectives on Chronic Lyme Disease"
American Journal of Medicine 121: 562-564, 2008
- "Chronic Lyme Disease: A Review"
Infectious Disease Clinics of North America 22: 341- 360, 2008
- "Role of Psychiatric Co-morbidity in Chronic Lyme Disease"
A.L. Hassett, D.C. Radvanski, S. Buyske,
et al. Arthritis Rheum. 59: 1742-1749, 2008.
- Psychiatric Co-morbidity and Other Psychological Factors in Patients with "Chronic Lyme Disease"
A.L. Hassett, D.C.Radvanski, S. Buyshe, and S.V.Savage
American Journal of Medicine 122: 843-850, 2009.
- "Subjective symptoms after treatment of early Lyme Disease"
Cerar, D., Cerar, T., Ruzic-Sabljic, E. et al.
Amer. J. Med. 123: 79-86, 2010.
- "Anti-neural antibody reactivity in patients with a history of Lyme borreliosis"
A.Chandra, G.P. Wormser, M.S.Klempner, et al.
Brain Behav. Immun. 24: 1018-1024, 2010.
- "Chronic Lyme disease: the controversies and the science"
Expert Revs. 9: 787-797, 2011.
- "The pain of "chronic Lyme disease"; moving the discourse in a different direction"
Phillip J. Baker
FASEB J. 26: 11-12, 2012.
- "Chronic Lyme: diagnostic and therapeutic challenges"
Ljostad, U. and Mygland, A.
Acta Neurologica Scandinavica 127: 38-47, 2013
- "Bullying Borrelia: When the Culture of Science is Under Attack"
Auwaerter, P.G. and Melia, M.T.
Trans. Amer. Clin. Climatol. Assoc. 123: 79-90, 2012.
- "Common misconceptions about Lyme disease"
Halperin, J.J., Baker, P., and Wormser, G.P.
Amer. J. Med. , jan 12, 2013 [Epub ahead of print]
- "Neoplasms misdiagnosed as "Chronic Lyme Disease"
Nelson, C., Elmendorf, S., and Mead, P.
JAMA Internal Medicine, online publication, November 3, 2014.
- "Long-term assessment of fibromyalgia in patients with culture-confirmed Lyme disease"
Wormser, GP, Weitzner, E, McKenna, D, Nadelman, RB, Scavarda, C, Farber, S, Prakash, P, Ash, J, and Nowakowski, J.
Arthritis Rheumatol. December 2, 2014 , Epub ahead of print
- "Long-term assessment of fatigue in patients with culture-confirmed Lyme disease"
Wormsr, GP, Weitzner, E, McKenna, D, Nadelman, RB, Scavarda,C, and
Amer. J. Med. October 15, 2014, Epub ahead of print
- "Two Controlled Trials of Antibiotic Treatment in Patients
with Persistent Symptoms and a History of Lyme Disease".
M.S. Klempner, L.T. Hu, J. Evans, et al. New Eng. J. Med.
345: 85-92, 2001.
- "Study and Treatment of Post Lyme Disease (STOP-LD): a Randomized Double Masked Clinical Trial".
L.B. Krupp, L.G. Hyman, R. Grimson, et al. Neurology 60:
- "Cognitive Function in Post-Treatment Lyme Disease: do additional antibiotics help?"
R.F. Kaplan, R.P. Trevino, G.M. Johnson, et al.
Neurology 60: 1916-1922, 2003.
- "A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Repeated IV Antibiotic Therapy for Lyme Encephalopathy".
B.A. Fallon, J.G. Keilp, K.M. Corbera et al.
70: 992-1003, 2008.
- "Treatment Trials for Post-Lyme Disease Symptoms Revisited"
Klempner, M.S., Baker, P.J., Shapiro, E.D., Marques, A., Dattwyler,
R.J., Halperin, J.J., and Wormser, G.P.
American Journal of Medicine 126: 665-669, 2013.
- "Death From Inappropriate Therapy for Lyme Disease".
R. Patel, K.L. Grogg, W.D. Edwards, et al.
Clin. Infect. Dis.
31: 1107-1109, 2000.
- "Natural killer cell counts are not different between patients with post-Lyme disease syndrome and controls".
A. Marques, M.R. Brown, and T.A. Fleisher.Clin. Vaccine Immunol. (advanced publication)
- "Implications of gender in chronic Lyme disease".
G.P. Wormser and E.D. Shapiro
Women's Health 18: 831-834, 2009.
- "Death due to community-associated Clostridium difficile in a woman receiving prolonged antibiotic therapy for Lyme disease.".
Holzbauer, S.M., Kemperman, M.M., and Lynfield, R.
Clin. Infect. Dis. 51: 369-370, 2010
- "Ceftriaxone-induced hemolysis in a child with Lyme arthritis: a case for antimicrobial stewardship".
Boggs, S.R., Cunnion, K.M., and Raafat, R.H. Pediatrics, originally published on line,
October 3, 2011.
- "Sympathetic neural hyperalgesia edema syndrome, a frequent cause of pelvic pain in women, mistaken for Lyme disease with chronic fatigue".
Check, J.H. and Cohen, R. Clin. Exp. Obstet. Gynecol. 38: 412-413,
- "A systematic review of Borrelia burgdorferi morphologic variants does not support a role in chronic Lyme disease"
Lantos, P.M., Auwaerter, P.G., and Wormser, G.P.
Clin. Infect. Dis. 2013, December 12 (Epub ahead of print)
- "Weighing the claims about cures and treatments for long-term conditions".
Published in 2008 by Sense About Science
- "I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE...".
The Lancet cover reprinted from The Lancet,
with permission from Elsevier.Science cover reprinted with permission from AAAS.
Vol. 366, No. 9487, 27 August 2005,